Searching for a dish to jazz up your Thanksgiving holiday table? Close those cookbooks because Sullivan’s has what you’re looking for with this perfect recipe for a grown up, decadent version of sweet potatoes. Save the marshmellows for s’mores and reach for the good stuff to make these delicious Bourbon Sweet Potatoes topped with a Pecan Oatmeal Crumble.
Note: Should the in-laws or a charming sibling begin wearing out their welcome, it is highly recommended to finish this dish with a shot of bourbon for the chef. Your secret is safe with us…
Sound delicious but don’t want to step foot in the kitchen? No worries – just order this and other sides from Sullivan’s by Wednesday, November 21. More details here.
Recipe after the jump!
Bourbon Sweet Potatoes w/Pecan Oatmeal Crumble
Recipe Courtesy of Sullivan’s Steakhouse
Serving 2-4 people
6 ea Sweet Potatoes
¼ cup Jack Daniels
¼ lb Brown Sugar
¼ lb Butter, Unsalted
¾ tbsp Maple Flavoring
¼ tbsp Vanilla Flavoring
1 tsp Salt, Iodized
Pecan Oat Crumble Topping
½ cup Butter, Unsalted
½ cup Brown Sugar
¾ cups Pecans, Medium Ground
1 cups Quaker Old Fashion Oats
1 cups All Purpose Flour
1. Roast potatoes in their skins in a 350⁰ oven until fully cooked
2. Remove skin and place potatoes into a stainless steel bowl.
3. Combine remaining ingredients and mash with a wire whisk until smooth consistency.
4. Place the sweet potato mixture into a casserole of choice and top with pecan oatmeal topping.
5. Bake casserole for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven then remove the casserole and let stand for 6 minutes for topping to set.